Applications for Fall 2023 are now closed!
The Fall 2023 Session of Mentor Richmond will kickoff Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Mentor Richmond is a unique team-based professional development program for emerging leaders and development driven professionals. This program is not your traditional one-to-one mentoring program. It is an opportunity for ambitious members of the Richmond community to gather and learn from a variety of local leaders and one another during a 3 month period.
Apply if you are: focused on professional and personal development, want to engage with dynamic and diverse leaders in the Greater Richmond area, and desire to build greater connections in the Richmond community. This program is for all; regardless of your career path, background, or industry. Broad perspectives and dynamic experiences enhance the program and make us all better.
Fall 2023 Deadlines
- Application Deadline Extended – Monday, August 14, 2023 11:59 PM
- Week of August 21, 2023 – Candidates notified regarding selection
- September 6, 2023 5:30-7:30 pm – Program kickoff
Have questions? Contact Christina Mastroianni at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a venue for career driven professionals to engage with and learn from regional leaders.
- Facilitate relationship building for emerging leaders in order to expand their networks and share professional knowledge and experience.
- Encourage participants to identify and apply their own unique strengths to their personal and professional leadership journeys
- Facilitate continued professional development and reflection
- Intimate conversations with a dynamic line-up of leaders in the Greater Richmond region.
- An expanded network of professionals representing a variety of industries and backgrounds in the Richmond community.
- Understanding of the complexity and variance of career paths.
- A better understanding and appreciation of your strengths, and ways to apply them in your personal and professional life.
- Facilitated reflection and exploration of own personal and professional development
- Opportunities for growth; through the challenge to examine yourself, leadership, your community and world with a different lens
Participation is limited. To apply, you must have support from your corporation, organization or association, and you must be:
- Be an emerging leader with a desire to grow personally and professionally and be more actively engaged in the Richmond community (with approximately 10 or less years of experience)
- Be career-driven with a strong focus on leadership development.
- Be prepared to attend the opening session, closing session, and all Mentor sessions and planning sessions
- Be prepared to actively engage with your team throughout the duration of the program, in and out of sessions.
Format of Program
The kickoff, closing and mentor sessions will be held at a variety of locations across the region. Please check the schedule for more details.
If you have any questions regarding the execution of these plans, please reach out to Christina Mastroianni
The program requires all mentees to be available for 8 2-hour sessions between September and December 2023, plus a kickoff and closing celebration. All meetings will take place after business hours between 5:30 – 7:30 pm, and most meetings are scheduled on Wednesdays. If you have a scheduled conflict with one of the dates below, please indicate this on your application so we can place you in the correct class. Note that if you miss more than the allowed total of 1 planning session and 1 Mentor session, you will be asked to leave the program.
There is a $825 program fee which includes an in-depth strengths assessment and facilitated interpretation throughout. There will be NO REFUNDS once payment is received. Partial scholarships are available. Your employer may pay some or all of your participation fee.
Things to keep in mind if you are accepted into the MENTOR Richmond program:
Prepare for self-reflection and moving towards your goals
The program kicks off with a personality/strengths assessment. This will give you a practical understanding of your strengths and how those work with others in a variety of settings. This assessment will be woven throughout the program, so referring to your strengths will become second-nature! Additionally, we will focus on professional development throughout the program: soft skill development, goal setting, transferable skills…this is your chance to focus and reflect on your career trajectory.
Bring your whole self
The program is designed to be a series of conversations between you and many of Richmond’s business leaders. Bring an enthusiastic voice and personal point-of-view to each mentor conversation—ask questions, listen, learn, explore and contribute. No matter what your background or industry is, your perspective is valued and your peers will learn just as much from you!
The work week keeps all of us busy. But to get the most possible from the MENTOR Richmond experience, carve out the time and mental space to arrive at these sessions on-time and engaged and excited for the conversations about to be had.
As you participate in MENTOR Richmond conversations, it is up to you to share what you’ve learned with your team, your organization and the greater Richmond community. We hope you will serve as an ambassador, mining the ideas and perspectives that come from this program and carrying them forward to a wider audience.