Apply for the HYPE YP Workplace Awards
This award recognizes an organization in the Greater Richmond Region that excels in its efforts to attract, retain and develop young employees. The winning organization will demonstrate a commitment to:
- Providing young professionals with opportunities for growth and development
- Encouraging young professional engagement in the Greater Richmond community
- Attracting and retaining young professionals
- Valuing the contributions of young professionals
- Promoting a healthy work-life balance
Winners will be announced at The Icons, HYPE’s Emerging Leader Awards, on February 22nd, 2018.
DEADLINE: All submissions are to be received by Monday, December 11th. Finalists will be notified the following week.
The YP Workplace Awards are open to companies located the Richmond Region: Ashland; Charles City; Chesterfield; Goochland; Hanover; Henrico; New Kent; Powhatan; Richmond City
Each award will have a large and small business category with three finalists in each. A Large Business is defined as having more than 50 employees. A Small Business has 50 or fewer employees regardless of full or part-time status.
There is no entry/application fee.
The selection committee will be made up of a the HYPE Leadership Board and past recipients of the YP Workplace Award. If selected, all finalists will be required to host a site visit for the selection committee to visit workplace and learn more from YP employees about their company’s commitment to their development.
Proposed site visit dates are as follows:
- Small Business site visit: Wednesday, December 20th. This will take place for one hour between 8AM-12PM. We will confirm exact time as the date approaches.
- Large Business site visit: Thursday, December 21st. This will take place for one hour between 1PM-4Pm. We will confirm exact time as the date approaches
The YP Workplace application is an online form. Please indicate a large or small business category, as only one application will be accepted by the same person per company.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that his/her company’s application is correct and complete. Organizations are judged based on the content of the application. The judges do not conduct additional research on applicants. Judges reserve the right to disqualify any applicant for lack of completion of the required information or for not meeting the requirements stated above.
- Only organization – not individuals – may apply for this award.
- All applications must be received by Monday, December 11th.
- All items submitted for purposes of The YP Workplace Awards become the sole property of ChamberRVA and are to be used for the purpose of selecting finalists and winners.