Championed by volunteers, the Cabinets serve as the Chamber’s voice in the City of Richmond, and the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, and Henrico.
The Cabinets are an advocacy arm of the Chamber.
We work to support the RVA business community by:
- Connecting business leaders through various relationship building and education events;
- Identifying and addressing key issues of interest to the City and surrounding county’s business community;
- Serving as a liaison to local governments, as well as keeping businesses informed on news and resources; and
- Providing member engagement opportunities through each of the local cabinets.
Every Cabinet event is an opportunity.
Network with Chamber members and government officials, learn about timely important topics from local business and community leaders, and discover ways to get engaged and support your business and community. We also host special and signature events throughout the year for additional valuable networking and engagement opportunities.
Why Engage With The Cabinets?
At their core, the Cabinets work closely with local businesses and public officials to advocate for a first-rate business climate and quality of life.
The Cabinets are governed by volunteers from the business community who lend time, talent and resources to support its mission.
Each Cabinet is driven by the work of its standing committees.
- Build relationships with government officials and other policy stakeholders
- Identify, research and advocate for priorities and positions important to the business community
- Connect Chamber members and the community to local government leaders
- City and county budget, taxes and services
- Bus Rapid Transit, transportation infrastructure and multimodal transit options
- Economic development & small business support
- Public education & workforce development
- Partner with local public school systems and institutes of higher education on workforce preparation programs
- Promote career & technical education and key literacy benchmarks
- Build relationships with school officials and other education stakeholders
- Hold “Ready. Set. Hire.” career & technical education and mock interviews program
- Launch “Adopt a School” reading partnerships
- Hold open dialogues with Superintend
Interested in learning more?
Contact Sam Mayman, Manager, Government and Community Affairs at email@example.com or 804-783-9314.