Greater Richmond companies large and small are impacted by the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak. Here, get information on where to turn for help as a business owner.
Grants and Financial Support:
- Henrico County Microenterprise Relief Fund: With Henrico County, we are providing grants up to $10k to pay for rent, utility payments, payroll, vendor bills, and recovery-related expenses (PPE, retrofits, etc.). The deadline for this application is August 21 at 11:59 PM.
- LISC Neighborhood Business Grants: Small businesses in Central Virginia can apply for grants up to $20k to pay for rent, utilities, payroll, vendor bills, and other operational costs. Priority will be given to entrepreneurs of color, women- and veteran-owned businesses. The deadline for this application is August 23 at 11:59 PM.
- US States’ Small Business Support Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic: Where to find small business aid in your state.
- Employee Retention Tax Credit: Up to $5,000 per employee tax credit against employer’s share of social security taxes. Credit applies to businesses affected by COVID-19 who have not received a PPP loan. Information available at IRS Employee Retention Credit and FAQs: Employee Retention Credit under CAREs Act.
- Interim guidance from the Centers for Disease Control for Businesses and Employers
Virginia Small Business Financing Authority
- Williams Mullen Offers Additional Legal Updates Regarding COVID-19
- The SBA has a website for COVID-19 financial problems
- Constant Contact Small Business Support Kit
- Richmond EDA Small Business Loan Program
- Special Edition Innsbrook Table Talks – Join us on August 20th for a special 2 hour, virtual edition of Innsbrook Table Talks featuring some of the most prominent business leaders, including ChamberRVA President, Brian Anderson, discussing plans for rebuilding the Richmond economy post-COVID-19. Register Today!
- Virginia Tech Richmond Center presents a free webinar series, Reviving Our Confidence: We Can Do It Together – A Series on Business, Consumer, and Employee Confidence. Session One – The Psychology of Safety: Connecting Local Resources to the How and the Why. Find out more information and register today!
- Virginia SBDC has a recurring webinar series to help businesses navigate through COVID-19. See the latest events.
- Social Distancing for Families: Screen Time Strategies and Resources. Recording here.
- Social Distancing with children under 6. Recording here.
- VECF webinar with great information and tools for family day home providers from “Resources for Child Care Programs Impacted by COVID-19”. Listen and view materials here.
- Dominion Payroll COVID-19 Updates and Upcoming Webinars
Member updates and local business COVID-19 response:
- CarverCo is now offering fully certified and high quality PPE products for businesses and they slowly reopen. For more information, click here.
- My Spectrum is offering virtual, at-home visits with their licensed therapists. Enjoy the privacy of virtual visits and the flexibility of expanded appointment availability. Address almost any mental health need, no matter where you are on any spectrum of well-being. For more information, click here.
- Fahrenheit Advisors Resource Page and Insights
- RideFinders: Navigating Business Operations through Telework
- Facebook has created a $100 million grant program to help 30,000 small businesses around the world during this time of uncertainty.
- Woods Rogers has created a COVID-19 resource page with legal updates and links to important resources.
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants is now open for carryout and offering a limited menu at this time. Carryout orders can be placed by calling the restaurant 804-461-2244 or online.
- Richmond Restaurants Offering Curbside, Delivery, and Takeout Services