Are you a Workforce Champion?
ChamberRVA’s Hanover Business Council awards the annual Marc Weiss Hanover Workforce Awards to Hanover-based organizations that have achieved success in areas such as recruiting, hiring, training, retaining, innovative workplace environments or other strategies that develop an effective, world class workforce.
Winners are recognized in both small and large organization categories. Specifically the awards honor businesses that are:
- Applying innovative techniques to achieve a larger, better-trained, stable, safe and happy workforce;
- Successfully creating jobs and/or incorporating innovative hiring practices;
- Creating innovative workplace cultures; or
- Using effective training strategies to optimize their workforce and develop future leaders.
Small business category – Hanover Foils
Hanover Foils is a flexible packaging converting company located in Ashland, Virginia. Hanover Foils specializes in supported and unsupported packaging structures for industrial, confectionery, food/beverage, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical clients. Hanover Foils has created an innovative hiring methodology that sets the company apart. Each interviewing candidate meets every employee, offering both the candidate and the employees an opportunity to gain insights about one another.
Large Business Category – Hanover County Sheriff’s Office
The Sheriff’s Office has been guarding the safety of Hanover County since 1720, making the office one of the oldest law enforcement agencies in the nation. Continuing the partnership with our community, the members of the Sheriff’s Office promise to provide all citizens with the highest degree of protection for their lives and property and to develop community responsibility directed at reducing crime and enhancing safety through problem-solving tactics. These practices create an environment where crime cannot flourish.
- Kings Dominion – large business category
- Chick-Fil-A – small business category
- Green Top Sporting Goods – large business category
- Center of the Universe Brewery – small business category
- Randolph-Macon College – large business category
- Cliff Weil Inc – small business category
- Creative – large business category
- Black Creek Flowers & Sweets – small business category